- Management of a portfolio of residential properties
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service and build relationships with landlords and tenants.
- Manage routine maintenance issues.
- Ensure all contractor invoices and utilities are paid promptly.
- Protect your landlord`s asset by recommending works to maintain and add value.
- Carrying out inspections and arranging check-ins and check-outs
- Be the main point of contact for landlords and tenants during the tenancy.
- Liaise with local branches and coordinate pre-tenancy works as required.
- Following up on rent payments and ensuring the rent is paid on time
- Efficient email correspondence, passing of messages and follow up with all clients
- Dealing with basic accounts queries
- Negotiate end of tenancy deposit releases.
- Ensure safety compliance and housing legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Ad hoc Filing and administration duties
- Undertake any other duties within capabilities as and when required
The ideal candidate:
- Will be able to take full responsibility of the portfolio and run it smoothly
- Will be well organised and efficient
- Will be hardworking and passionate person
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent IT skills with intermediate Microsoft Office ability.
- Knowledge of Qube/MRI, payprop or Teclet desirable.
- Confident at dealing with people?
- Approachable, helpful and positive?
- Enjoy making a positive contribution to office life independently and as part of the team?
- Have exceptional attention to detail?
- Thrive on working at and delivering consistently high standards under pressure?
job type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday